Monday, September 15, 2014

What's Up | re-brand, re-focus

[photo from a weekend trip to the smokey mountains this past summer]

I can't believe this blog is over a year old now. 

I started it in April 2013 as a way to share my photography, but I didn't really put that much thought into having a plan. Whenever I would sit down to write a post, I wasn't sure exactly where to go with it. I needed to create a plan because I that's how I work. No plan = no direction = no progress. So, over the past month or so, I've been working to 
re-brand and define my blog's focus. I created a pinterest branding board here if you'd like to see.

While I love looking at great photography, I feel a blog needs more than just pretty pictures to keep me coming back. I felt that's what my blog needed, so I've created my own guidelines for this blog.

My focus is photography and lifestyle. What does lifestyle entail? Well, by definition, it could be anything and everything about how you live your life.  
But that's a rather broad area, so here's the breakdown of my topics:

  • Photography - sessions I shoot, my just-for-fun personal work, places I travel to, tutorials/ informative posts, and photography products I love.
  • Lifestyle-
    • Personal- life updates/thoughts/my rambles.
    • Food- this overlaps with photography, as I have a love affair with food photography (yep, that's completely normal).
    • Style- I photograph people and people wear clothes and do their hair, so... yeah.
    • Books and music- I'm always looking for good books and music, so I'd thought I'd share some of my favorites and new discoveries occasionally.
So, that's what's going to be going on around here. If any of you, dear readers, have an idea for a post you'd like to see that's related to the above, shoot me an email or comment below!


2 comments

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to add your thoughts!

EMILY MARGARET. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.