Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Who I Am (blogging confessions) + Blogtember





Being a photographer, I am a very visual person. Writing a blog, however, does include some degree of writing. Shocking, I know. The thing is, I often don't know what to write about. I can't always say "here's a picture of a flower, and this is that time I went to so-and-so". I like writing, but the past three years has consisted of only writing essays and reports. Not very creative.
Enter Blogtember, hosted by Jenni of Story of My Life. Everyday has a prompt for what to write about. Yes! Just what I needed. While I won't be able to write everyday, I will try to do it as often as my coursework allows.
Today's prompt is about what makes up who I am, and where I come from (who I am. because the prompt made me think of this song and because the JoBros were a part of my teenage years, hehe. ).

I'll start off with the very basis of who I am; the most important thing. I am a Christian, a child of God, saved by grace through faith. 

Next is my family. My parents taught me Biblical morals, which are what I live by. They homeschooled me from kindergarten through high school, which I really appreciate. Studying at home allowed me to stay focused and not encounter some of the negative things that come with public school. 
Please know that I have friends who went to public schools and they turned out just fine. :) I know homeschool is not for everyone. 
That being said, I was not a secluded, completely unsocialized child. I participated in various group activities such as cooking, sewing, drawing, dance, piano, and AWANA.  My friends at Blimey Cow can explain homeschool life probably better than I can.

The past 3 years have held several changes for me. I began going to college full time, got my first job, changed jobs, and began practicing photography more, amongst other things. I'm graduating in December and plan on getting a job with my degree. I would love to do photography a bit on the side.
Besides carrying a camera around everywhere, I play piano, read, knit, and sew. I have always been into several things at one and been through many phases. Some of them were cross-stitching, quilting,  paper quilling, and also trying to start a competitive jump-roping team (in case you're wondering, that last idea never left the ground. Pun intended.).
I am currently saving for my first DSLR camera and hope to get one soon after graduation. I have had the opportunity to borrow my grandfather's a few times and get used to how it works, so some of the photos on this blog were taken with his camera.

Now that you know me a bit better, I want to hear from you! What was a phase you went through?



No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to add your thoughts!

EMILY MARGARET. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.