Thursday, February 13, 2014

Frozen


"...the cold never bothered me anyway"
-Let It Go, Disney's Frozen









 " 'It's snowing still,' said Eeyore gloomily. 'And freezing. However,' he said, brightening up a little, 'we haven't had an earthquake lately.'" I found this quote on Pinterest and it made me laugh. I would say this would be an accurate description of our weather as of late, but we had a small earthquake a week or so ago. 

As I'm writing this, I am sitting in our cozy family room, watching the Olympic women's speed skating. The winter Olympics feel especially fitting this year, with all of the snow and ice we've had. Though, our meager amount of snow is laughable to other parts of the country. Nevertheless, it seems that it is about all that anyone around here talks about lately. Keeping with the theme, my friends keep singing the songs from Frozen. You can be sure that whenever my parents are out of the house, my sister and I inevitably belt out Let It Go, harmonies included. 

I'm definitely beginning to feel the cabin fever and am itching for spring. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the lack of sunshine, but the days are dull and grey. What are some things that you do while waiting for spring?




No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time to add your thoughts!

EMILY MARGARET. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.